Thursday, August 21, 2014

What comes around, goes around...


Here is a better view of the abuse wheel, this breaks it down for you so we can understand it a lot better. 
Tension- Building Phase, My ex, was always moody, and yelling, he also drank, I being the victim, always tried to keep the kids quiet, tried to be as nice as I could be,made sure his dinner was ready on time, put a smile on my face while I walked on egg shells, knowing what was going to come next....

Explosion Phase..
My ex husbands weapon of choice was a gun, he loved to bring that out, my ex husband also raped me, you may not think that your husband can rape you but when you say no it means no, doesn't matter if its a friend, boyfriend or husband! I always tried to protect my children, I never tried to fight back because I knew I couldn't win. 

Honeymoon Phase..
We all know this phase, the " I'm Sorry", "It will never happen again". Yep, I heard this so many times,I dont even have enough fingers and toes to count them with. He would always send me a text message telling me he was sorry and it would never happen again, not once did it come out of his mouth that he was sorry, I never heard it. But yet I stayed, i know it was going to come around again, it always did, either that week, the next week and if I was lucky things were good for a month, but it always, always went back to the Explosion Phase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment